Monday, December 04, 2006

Jed's birthday party

We had Jed's birthday party on the 26th so that Grandma and Grandpa could be at the festivities. Jed had a great time. He invited his whole class and all but one child came, and he also invited a few extras so we had 16 kindergartners and 2 siblings. Each child had a parent or ayi with him or her.

I hired a store called "Happyland" to come to our compound clubhouse function room. They brought the art activities including two pottery wheels, pottery to paint, beads, gel paint window clings, and more, plus the bouncy castle. I ordered pizza from Dominoes and made a cake. The Spongebob items and party bags full of practical jokes like the snake in a can of peanuts were from an online order I placed months in advance. I took the mylar balloons to a local shop and they filled them with helium for me. I went to a new bakery that makes beautiful cakes and inquired about a Spongebob cake. The make a great looking one that is a little larger than a 9x13 pan. The cost: 450 rmb, which is nearly $60! I just couldn't do it, so I made the cake myself. It was from a box and decorated with spongebob sugar decorations purchased at the bakery for $8 for a 8 little candies! I got a lot of compliments on the cake, no one asked if it was from a box. :-) Don't ask, don't tell.

Everyone had a great time. Poor Huck and Tom had to miss it because Huck was sick. We missed them.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home