Saturday, November 03, 2007

Marine Corps Birthday Ball

Last night, we attended the Marine Corps 232nd Birthday Ball. As you can see in the pictures, I had a party shirt made for Tom. They guys leave their jackets on for the formal part of the evening and then when it's dancing time, they take the jackets off and everyone can see the shirts. It's silly, but fun. The evening was nice. Ambassador Randt spoke about the great service the Marines provide as security for our embassies around the world. He said very nice things about the armed forces, in general.

Celebrations of the Marine Corps birthday are held all around the world by Marines, no matter what the circumstances. It's a great tradition. We really enjoyed the pomp and circumstance.
I should mention that, though I took a picture of the dress I wanted the tailor to make for me, it didn't come out like the picture. It was fine, but not exactly what I asked for, as usual. She even put a bow in the front, at the top of the waist. I had her remove it, of course. I wore comfortable shoes and we had a nice time, even dancing a little.

Only 6 more weeks until baby arrives!

1 Comments:

At Sat Nov 17, 08:12:00 PM PST, Blogger Mary Seals said...

Looking FABULOUS, Erin!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home