Thursday, March 26, 2009

Strange things that happen in our life here...

On Tuesday we had a flat tire. So, we called the "auto club" people who came to check out the tire. They said we could patch the tire, but we already had done that once so we decided to replace it. Total cost $200+ usd.

When the driver saw what had happened, he said the "auto club" people were bad people because they were trying to cheat us by making us buy a tire and by taking our old tire to sell. I explained that we chose to replace it due to safety. Then I told him to tell the men that we wanted our old tire back. I then told the driver he could have the tire so he could sell it and keep the money.

I had to get Huck to school, but I also had to be at the house to pay the auto people, so I sent the driver and Huck in a taxi. Two drivers- one boy.

Yesterday, I took Jed and Huck to the eye doctor and dentist at the international clinic and I saw a physician and physiotherapist. The dentist if from Iran, the eye doctor and family physician are from Australia and the physiotherapist is from Germany. The nurses are all Chinese. It was quite the international afternoon. Zeke has a cold that has been going on for weeks and now it is a cough as well, so I'll likely take him to the doctor tomorrow. The pediatricians at the clinic near us are: Philippina , French and Chinese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home