Tuesday, August 07, 2007

We're Back



We are back in Beijing. It was so great to have time in the Great country we call home. Living abroad reminds us that America is the best country in the world. Sure, we have our issues right now, but there can be no debate about the great traits of America.

Since everyone always asks, I will say that the trip back was LONG. We had an 8+ hour delay, so it was 28 hours from point a to point b. The boys were great, though, so I can hardly complain. Jet lag has been rough. The boys are passing out in the evening as you can see.

Today I had an "only in China" experience. I was in a car, driving on a busy road, stuck in a bit of traffic. I looked over to my left, off the road a bit, maybe 15 feet from the shoulder. In a clearing of trees was a makeshift barber shop. In a chair was a man, wearing a red cape, getting a shave and a haircut. It's 95 degrees and 99 percent humidity (no exaggeration).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home