Sunday, October 05, 2008

Visiting with Ayi and Shu Shu (auntie and uncle)


When Xing Ayi was getting ready to leave on Tuesday, I said "thank you," and "see you on Monday." She said, "Monday? It's so long!" I said Monday because Wednesday-Friday was a Chinese holiday so she had the days off. She said she would miss Zeke because he changes so quickly now. So, I told her that if she misses him, she can come get him and take him to her house for a visit if she'd like. Her mother lives near them now, so I knew she'd like to see Zeke. I've told her she could do this before, but she never has, so I didn't expect to hear from her.

On Saturday morning, just after I put Zeke down for his nap, Xing Ayi called and said, "Hi Erin, is ok if I come take Zeke, go to my house? Maybe 11 or 11:30? I think he wake up then." I said no problem and she asked if Huck could come too. Jack and Jed were at a friend's house. Xing Ayi and Xiao Shang (her husband and our driver) arrived just after Zeke woke from his nap. At first, Huck did not want to go. He wanted to stay with us but I didn't want their feelings to be hurt so Tom and told Huck he could have a treat in the car and gave him a new star wars ship and off he went. While he waited outside for us to get Zeke's bag together, he ran around playing with Xiao Shang, whom he calls 叔叔 Shu Shu (pronounced shoe shoe). Tom snapped this great photo.
That's Xiao Shang's car in the background. He drives our car for us and leaves his at our house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home