Saturday, July 22, 2006

Reverse Dinner

With Tom away for half of the month we've been here, sometimes I have to get creative with ways to keep the boys occupied while not making my life too crazy. So, this afternoon after Huck woke up from his nap, we headed to the pool. I announced we were going to have reverse dinner at the restaurant at the pool. The boys always ask for ice cream/popsicles at the pool. Usually, if I say yes, it's at the end of our time at the pool and then the boys end up messy as we are on our way home. Now I have wised up significantly. We start our pool time with ice cream if I am going to allow it. This accomplishes two things: 1) I avoid the begging associated with the treat. 2) They get messy and then dunk in the pool to clean off the mess.

Today, we headed to the pool around 3:45. The boys got some ice cream and then played until about 5:15. I then ordered hot dogs, french fries and Sprites. The hot dogs here come with lettuce, tomatoes and pickles. The boys had a great dinner. They were thrilled because it was a special night out, it was fun because it was a backwards dinner and I was thrilled because I had no clean up at home! Everyone was happy and significantly worn out for a good night's sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home