Thursday, August 03, 2006

A walk around town

On Tuesday, my friend and I walked about 2 miles behind our neighborhood to an area with furniture stores. We walked through antique furniture and newly made things too, searching for things we might want to bring home with us. I've decide that I would like to get a hope chest made. I will be looking at catalogs to find one I like and then I will have one of the local merchants make it for me. I've always wanted one and this is a way I can get one sooner than later.
Prices vary dramatically. Some places bargain and others do not. It's a tricky dance to figure out the way a particular store works, but eventually a merchant will say "price is no problem". The furniture is beautiful and interesting.
It was about 100 degrees that day. We walked for a long time and then we walked past a village and came upon an American style bagel shop. It's so strange to have such completely different things so close to one another. We sat down and had bagel sandwiches for lunch. We each bought bagels to take to our families and all 4 of my guys loved the bagels. I suspect they will be disappointed tomorrow when they see they are all gone. Luckily, just like every other place around here, the bakery delivers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home