Tuesday, October 31, 2006

It's Tuesday, it's Market Day

"yawn"Wet market
Department store
My friend and neighbor, William, took these pictures during our latest excursion to the wet market and supermarket. At the top is a picture of a guy at the wet market. You can see in the second picture that each table has it's own operator who sells various fruits or vegetables. Just like a farmers' market in the US, you deal with each vendor individually. This man is a farmer who came to sell his goods. We almost always find the people to be warm and friendly. At one of the areas in the market, I was looking at some items and suddenly felt like someone was in my space. I turned around to find a woman with her baby (about 9 months old) standing so close to me I couldn't move from where I stood. She was pointing the child's face toward me, pointing to me. We are always the only non Chinese there. Today I saw a person with blonde hair and I took a second look to see what westerner was there. It was a Chinese with bleached hair. Her hair was blonde with blue highlights. Nice.
The bottom picture was taken in the store across the street from the wet market. It just opened and when we spotted it, one of the ayis who goes shopping with us said she wanted to go in to see it. It was great. It clearly was set up to look like a Western store. It was very clean and nice and I am sure we'll go back regularly.

1 Comments:

At Tue Oct 31, 06:59:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The new store looks great. I forgot to mention that we have a large wet market across from our office in Nanhai.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home