Sunday, November 25, 2007

Tablecloth Factory



About 3 miles from our home is a tablecloth factory. One can go there, select a pattern and edge design, specify dimensions, and leave with a tablecloth and napkins in less than an hour! I have purchased 4 tablecloths, now. They are great. They are restaurant grade, for the most part, and can be washed, dried and need little to no ironing. My most recent purchase is a brown tablecloth and napkins for Thanksgiving. Prices are very reasonable. I usually go back a day or so later to pick up my tablecloths because it's easier than waiting for them. Last time, though, there was a flaw in one, so I had to go back and they made the new one in about 35 minutes. As reasonable as the prices seem, I overheard a conversation between my driver and the sales person. He asked how much a tablecloth costs, to which she replied, "Chinese price or foreigner prices?" I did not hear the answer. They know I speak and understand some Chinese, so when they don't want me to know what they are saying, they talk very quickly and sometimes, the Beijing accent can be very difficult to understand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home