Monday, September 18, 2006

Getting things taken care of...

The past few weeks have been busy but nothing too remarkable has happened.
We are getting our house settled. We had our pictures hung and now it looks like home. The houses in the villa compounds are made from cement, so you cannot just hang things with a hammer and a nail. You have to drill and use special cement anchors. So, I called the clubhouse to ask them to send a worker to do it. The woman at the desk said it was busy at the moment so maybe the next day if that was ok. I said no problem. Several days passed and still no worker... So, I called again and explained what had happened. A few minutes later, 2 workers showed up to hang pictures.

One guy would measure, the other guy would assist him. The Main guy did all the drilling while the other guy held the vaccum hose to suck up all the dust that was made by the drill. It was pretty efficient. However, despite the meticulous measuring that was done, many of the pictures are uneven. Oh well, can't complain, their up!

Our master bedroom closet was missing a rod on one of the three sides. So, I called the clubhouse and asked them to put one in for us. No one came. I called again and they sent a worker to measure. Weeks passed. I called and spoke with the woman on whom I depend when I need something. She checked into it and said she found no record of it so we'd have to start over. 2 days later, we had a rod in the closet.

There was no door separating the bathroom vanity area from the master bedroom. So, I asked for a door. Someone came to measure for it about a week later. Then, weeks passed. I spoke with Anna... 3 days later we had a door.

Xing Ayi suggested that I ask for a shelf above the washer and dryer because there had been one there before and for some reason it had been removed before we moved in to the house. I spoke with the clubhouse. Weeks passed, I asked again, weekd passed, someone came out to measure for it and .... well, you know... weeks passed, I asked again and 3 days later... shelves.

Do you notice a pattern? I am not making this up. So, things get done and it's great, it just takes a while. I wonder what would happen if I asked 4 times up front. Maybe then it would get done right away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home