Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Uh Oh

We hired a driver for the months of November and December. We did this for a few reasons. First of all, we have guests coming in both months so we would have hired a driver for a few days each month to take us various places. Each day would cost 800 RMB. Hiring a driver for a month will cost 2000 RMB so that is less than 3 days. Xing Ayi's husband wants to be a driver so we hired him. It helps us and helps them.

Today was the first day he worked for us and I could really get used to this. He was waiting for Huck and me when the bus left for Jack and Jed's school. No more waiting for a taxi and giving directions. He had a smile on his face and Huck was very happy. He happily waited for me while I took Huck into school, took me home and was waiting to take me back to get Huck when it was time. For now, he is driving his own car but I heard tonight that we might get our car on Friday and then he'll drive our car.

Uh oh, this will be hard to give up after 2 months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home